We’ve decided to hold of the launch of this real estate crowdfunding platform due to inherent legal difficulties and risks involved in crowdfunding real estate. We will revisit this later after the SEC rulings roll out and the kinks are worked out on existing sites; however, we see significant investment risk and an unacceptable (to us) litigation risk in all existing real estate crowdfunding platforms, at least a great deal more than we are willing to expose our client’s investment capital to. We will launch The Aria Group’s investment portal for accredited investors next week. It is unknown at this time if we will release the crowdfunding portal of non-accredited investors. We wish to err to the side of caution and not run into the already crowded space with anything less than our ability to offer investors a fully secure, predictable and litigation proof investment vehicle. Although recent market indicators predict a rebounding market yesterday’s meeting of The Federal Reserve’s Open Market Committee posed some significant unanswered questions that we at CrowdPad would like to see resolved which won’t happen until sometime after Fed Chairman Bernanke‘s successor takes the reins at the end of January 2014. We feel that the loss of traction by waiting until February will be far outweighed by our ability to continue to monitor existing real estate crowdfunding platform performance following the SEC’s release of the new regulations for several months and also allowing for the transition to Bernake’s successor and the release and analysis of the upcoming holiday shopping indicators.
We will instead opening our closed investment portal for accredited investors only within the next few weeks on our parent corp’s website at The Aria Group. We take the integrity and security of our client’s investments very seriously and simply do not wish to get caught up in the current frenzy to rush to market an investment platform which we see as having a higher than acceptable risk factor for our clients.
- Crowdfunding – alternatives for commercial real estate (bizjournals.com)
- iFunding.com Launches RealEstate Crowdfunding Platform to Help Accredited Investors overcome the Volatility of REIT Investments (crowdfundingpr.wordpress.com)
- Real estate has a place for crowdfunding (bizjournals.com)
- Investing In Real Estate – What You Should Know (visual.ly)
- Crowfunding Sites Are Attracting More Fraudsters (raisemeng.wordpress.com)
- Crowdfunding in Commercial Real Estate (bizjournals.com)
- “Factors to Consider when investing in Commercial Real Estate” (shs411.wordpress.com)
- Crowdfunding for Real Estate is On the Rise (realestate.about.com)